Citizen Corps is FEMA's grassroots strategy to bring together government and community leaders to involve citizens in all-hazards emergency preparedness and resilience.
Citizen Corps of Naperville asks you to embrace the personal responsibility to be prepared; to get training in first aid and emergency skills; and to volunteer to support local emergency responders, disaster relief, and community safety. There are currently 2,395 Councils which serve 225,801,589 people or 79% of the total U.S. population.
Our local Citizen Corps is managed by Citizen Corps Councils of Naperville which brings together leaders from law enforcement, fire, emergency medical and other emergency management, volunteer organizations, local elected officials, the private sector, and other concerned community members. The Citizen Corps Council of Naperville activities include:
- Education of residents about disaster preparedness measures;
- implement public education and outreach efforts;
- provide training to improve citizen preparedness, prevention and response capabilities;
- promote the importance of drills in the home, workplace, and school;
- coordinate citizen participation in community disaster response activities;
- coordinate volunteer opportunities that support local efforts in mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery;
The Citizen Corps Council includes existing and new federally sponsored programs administered by the Department of Justice (Neighborhood Watch and Volunteers in Police Service), FEMA (Community Emergency Response Teams - CERT), and Department of Health and Human Services (Medical Reserve Corps), as well as other activities through Citizen Corps affiliate programs that share the common goal of community and family safety. Through public education, training opportunities, and volunteer programs, every American can do their part to be better prepared and protected and to help their communities do the same.
By participating in Citizen Corps programs, you can make your home, your neighborhood and your community a safer place to live. To find out more, please click on each of the below listed websites.
Citizen Corps Council (CCC)
We all have a role in hometown security